Our customer needs have changed since 1947. Using the timeline below, you will see that our company is flexible and has adapted over the years to meet these changing needs.
Today, WWC has grown to nearly 80,000 square feet of state of the art woodworking and plastic process machinery, including acclimated warehousing and membrane press technology.
WWC is a reputable, family owned corporation with quality management system currently in its second and third generation. Our diverse product lines include fabrication of wood, polymer and vinyl products for various industries including:
- Transportation - marine, bus, heavy truck, recreational vehicle
- Food Processing
- Waterpark SprayGround Equipment
- Sound Proofing/Noise Control
Cut-to-size component parts and assemblies from engineered, composite and plywood panels, high pressure laminates and plastics.
Ideal for prototype development and low to mid volume production due to its relatively low tooling and engineering costs and fast turnaround time.
Thermo lamination technology to seamlessly form thermoplastic 3d laminates such as KYDEX®'s HD, XD, WG, OMNOVA®'s surf(x), EFX or other thermo foils.
Wurm’s Woodworking Company was founded in 1947 by John A. Wurm as a construction company and retail lumber yard.
After constructing several fine homes in the area, the nature of the company began to change dramatically in the 1950s. More time was devoted to producing wood component parts, mainly as a supplier to the box spring and mattress companies located in central and northern Ohio.
The 1960s had several changes in store for WWC as the marine industry began to flourish. WWC began supplying local boat manufacturers with cut-to-size plywood parts needed in the construction of hulls and decks. At the same time, area seating companies also recognized our company as a good source of supply for their seating component needs. By the end of the 1960s, WWC was manufacturing parts for fiberglass and pontoon boats, campers, vans, trucks, upholstered furniture, chair seat boards and backs.
Expansion in the 1970s consisted of the construction of more plant and storage space. John's son, Gerald B. Wurm, joined the company. New product line during the 1970s and 80s came in the form of teak deck strips, louvered doors, cup holders, map holders and complete galley sections built ready to install on the assembly line. By this time, the company was also supplying the heavy truck market with interior cab components. The 1980s brought CNC equipment and the start of our thermoforming division.
Expansion in the 1990s consisted of necessary investments in additional plant and equipment. John's grandchildren, Richard P. Wurm and Valerie N. (Wurm) Sanderson, began their careers with the company as well. During this time, the thermoforming process was moved into its own facility on High Street, just around the corner.
2002 - WWC achieved initial ISO accreditation for Quality Management System.
2005 - WWC acquires golf seat division of Grand Rock Company, Painesville, Ohio. Division will be structured as GR GOLF and brought in house.
2007 - WWC introduces 3d lamination capability with investment of membrane press technology.
2009 - The Wurm family acquired majority assets of Creative Plastics, Inc. CPI has facilities near Jackson Center, Ohio. To read the full story, visit our News Page.
2017 - WWC hosts 70th anniversary public open house and tours.